Twin Cities Indymedia isn't a typical media outlet. Like all Indymedia collectives worldwide, we don't claim neutrality. Instead, our passionate coverage comes directly from inside social movements--movements in which our volunteers participate.
Together, through our popular website and our less visible community work, we and you both make trouble for imperialism, injustice and oppression.
To continue doing so, we need to make a little money, too. Please contribute today!
Make a one-time donation (you pick the amount):
Your monetary donations will be used primarily for:
- SPACE - We're working to partner with other organizations for physical space in Minneapolis/St. Paul, at first temporary and hopefully with a permanent location in the next 4-12 months.
- EQUIPMENT - As equipment wears out and hard drive space fills up, we need new goods to loan out and cover events
Your monetary donations will NOT be used for...
- ...paying us--NO Indymedia volunteers are paid.
And in the spirit of mutual aid and cooperation, here are 3 things we currently have to offer in return, regardless of your ability to donate, that you may not have known about:
- Customized workshops/trainings on mediamaking skills. We can present and collaborate with your group of 4 or more people on topics such as video (both shooting and editing), DIY reporting, press release writing, action media, using the Indymedia website and more. Sessions could be as short as 30 minutes or encompass multiple sessions, and happen at your organization's regular meeting or a special time. Contact us for details.
- Lending of videocameras, accessories, and a projector after completion of a short training and signing an agreement.
- The ability to post your news and promote your event in minutes on our website. (Not everyone knows this... tell your friends!)
It isn't easy for truly independent radical institutions to survive. Help us remain and grow as a resource for Twin Cities social movements by donating today, whether you can afford $5, $50, $500 or some amount in between.
Immigrant Rights. Foreclosures. Police Brutality. Decolonization. Queer and Trans Liberation. War and Peace. Racial Justice. Environmental Justice. Economic Justice. All these fronts and more are interconnected. Together, we can make media and make trouble.
the TC Indymedia Collective
p.s. If you'd rather send contributions by mail than through paypal, see the address on our contact us page.